In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Search this site
Armageddon Medicine Instruction Manual
Click IMAGE above for info
SECURE SHOPPING CART for Credit Card or PayPal
Topics for Every Prepper
- What you will find here
- Fish Antibiotic Update 2016
- Antibiotics – 5 Reasons to Avoid Them – Yeast Infection, MRSA, Resistance, Diarrhea, and Allergy
- Human Nature and Why Socialism (and Socialized Medicine) Won’t Work
- Broken Bones, Dementia, and the End of the World – Introduction
- Asthma and COPD – Part II – OTC Medications – Update
- How to get your doctor to help you stockpile medicine – Update
- Medical Bartering, Part 2 – OTC Medications
- Medical Bartering, Part 1 of 5 – Introduction
- Fish Antibiotic Update 2015
What Readers Are Saying
- What you will find hereThis web site is devoted to empowering you, the reader, to care for your loved ones and yourself when there’s no other choice. Thank you for visiting and may God bless you richly in 2016 and beyond. – Doc Cindy … Continue reading →
- What you will find here
Category Archives: Fish antibiotics
As of 2016 most preppers are well aware of OTC “fish antibiotics” intended for aquarium use. If the concept is new to you, please search this site for earlier articles, including yearly updates.
In reviewing several fish antibiotic web sites, I see certain retailers continue to offer ketoconazole, which is not an antibiotic, but rather an antifungal. Ketoconazole is sold right along with common antibiotics such as penicillin, likely leading the uninformed reader to wrongly conclude that they are equally safe and effective for bacterial illnesses such as pneumonia and strep throat, which ketoconazole is not. Continue reading
Scenario #2 The grid is down, so you and a few friends have organized a neighborhood church for worship. One Sunday morning a stranger in a business suit struggles in, barely able to walk After the service you sit with … Continue reading
If you’re new to the whole concept of fish antibiotics, there are a few basics you need to know. These are not antibiotics made out of fish. Neither are they micro-pills you must cram down your guppy’s throat. In general they are pills or capsules of the same size and strength humans use.
Although you cannot buy human or even dog antibiotics in the U.S. without a legal prescription, a federal loophole allows these same antibiotics to be sold over-the-counter for aquarium use. (Most physicians and pharmacists are unaware of this exemption.) Many of these so-called fish antibiotics are the same quality and dosage as human antibiotics (USP grade, AB-rated generics). Those who purchase these products are implicitly agreeing to use these antibiotics for aquarium purposes only. Continue reading
[Review of series to date: If you’ve given up on getting your doctor to prescribe extra antibiotics for stockpiling or perhaps merely want to supplement your limited stores, you may be considering the “fish antibiotic” route. This series of articles … Continue reading
If you’ve given up on getting your doctor to prescribe extra antibiotics for stockpiling or perhaps merely want to supplement your limited stores, you may be considering the “fish antibiotic” route. This series of articles in aimed at discussing the … Continue reading
Week 29: 2012-04-19 (non-consecutive weeks) I’ve been so busy with work, taxes, and the recent Clinical Skills Workshop that I haven’t posted a Question of the Week in months, I see. Here’s one for both medical professionals and serious preppers: … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.