Week 25: 2012-01-05 (non-consecutive weeks)
It’s official – 2012 has arrived. But so what?
I know there are thousands of preppers out there who consult this site weekly, and you all must have some opinion on 2012. A person would have to live on a desert isle to be unaware of the Mayan prophecies, the Nostrodamus predictions, the web-bots, the books of Daniel and Revelation, not to mention the nightly news (now 24/7 news).
So, in your opinion, is anything going to happen this year?
Will it be another Y2K?
What are you expecting?
Please chime in and leave your comments in the block below.
For anyone worried about anonymity, only first names are used on published comments.
Predicting the future is risky, but I’ll take a chance on a few more obvious predictions:
1. The administration badly needs for the economy to improve or at least not collapse prior to November. So it is possible they can borrow and print enough money to make us limp along until then. It is likely that will only make the depression worse,i.e., longer and deeper, when it does happen.
2. Europe’s problems could be our salvation. As money flees Europe we will look safe by comparison.
3. The Mideast could well explode. Hard to say when, could be this year could be later.
4. Obamacare will begin to wreck havoc. Declining health care availability and quality as patient loads increase and payments decrease.
5. More “extra-constitutional” actions by the administration and congress will be unable or unwilling to stop it or reverse it.
6. More inflation. The good news is over time we may all become millionaires. The bad news will be it will take a million dollars to live for a year. Inflation and maybe hyper inflation is a sure thing the only unknown is when and how much.
7. Food will soon be worth more then money. Sure gold and silver will skyrocket but if things get as bad as expected; the government will make buying and selling gold and silver a crime and confiscate it to “save” the country from economic disaster.